Welcome to our beginners guide on how to increase the PageRank value of your website. Lets start with explanation of “PageRank” and how it effects your website. PageRank was created by the world’s largest and most influential search engine Google as a way to determine the website’s importance, reliability and authority on the internet. The rankings system ranges from 0 to 10; 0 would be the LEAST important website’s while 10 would be the most popular websites.
The quality of your content plus how often you update your website is very important. Your website should contain relevant content which your readers find useful and will want to share. Google also seems to LOVE a website that is updated often and recommended by others. Adding small amounts of new content to your website every couple of days is a guaranteed way to increase the pagerank value of your website. For best results you should try to stay consistent with the size and frequency of your updates so your website will not be confused as a spam website which would kill your pagerank.
Link building is an effective way to increase the pagerank of your website. Google calculates pagerank based on the number of links on a website such as back links, internal links, external links plus NO follow and Do follow links. Below is some of the link building methods which you may use:
1. Submit your URL to web directories such as Directory Journal, Yahoo directory, DMOZ, Best Of The Web, WoW Directory, Vie Search and Jasmine Directory
2. Submit articles to article directories such as ezinearticles, GoArticles, ArticlesBase and ArticleCity.
3. Share your website on social bookmarking websites such as Facebook, Digg or Google Plus. When you share your website using a social bookmarking service your website will get a free Backlink and even some direct traffic to your website.
4. Participate in forums and blog post’s that allow you to include a Do follow backlink to your website. Here are some websites that will allow you to include a Do follow link;
– Siteowners Forum
– Affiliate Marketing Forum
– Joomla Forum
– Site Point Forum
– Warrior forum
– Digital point Forum
– Search engine watch Forum
– Directory junction Forum
– Search Engine Round table.
5. Contributing guest post’s to other blogs is one of the best techniques that you can use to increase your pagerank. Each guest post you submit should earn you 2-3 quality back links for your website.
6. Backlinks can also be obtained thru some static banner advertisements You can find some website’s that are selling static ad space then add a banner linked to your website. A static banner can generate traffic to your website but the ad will also contain a backlink too. You should combine the use of quality content that is updated often with the link building methods to effectively increase the page rank value of your website.
Pagerank is just 1 of the determining factors used by Google and the other major search engines to calculate your website’s keywords and rank. I recommended that you also use additional Search Engine Optimization methods if you want to dominate the search engines and your competition.